San Francisco, CA
Local business owners are passionate people who take an enormous risk to pursue a dream. They are an irreplaceable asset to our communities, fueling economic growth, creating jobs and making our cities and towns better places to be. We are humbled by the enormity of challenges and unanswered questions they face every day. Our vision is to empower local businesses by providing easy access to a community full of answers just outside their doors.
Townsquared is the only online network that allows local businesses and independent professionals to connect privately. Members have access to all of the other businesses in their local neighborhood to ask and answer questions, post events, find partners, and ultimately build thriving businesses.
Who we are:
We are a Series B funded startup (Sierra Ventures, Intuit, August Capital, Floodgate, among others) in the heart of San Francisco with a diverse team of driven people working at the intersection of cutting-edge design, complex technology, and social good. We offer the ability to help build a product that enables economic change and affects people in a real way.ay.
How we work:
We operate in small teams that work iteratively and collaboratively. Our culture emphasizes openness, experimentation and learning: we build features in short sprints, continuously test hypotheses about our product, and make data driven decisions. Engineers contribute not just to code but also to the design of our product. We expect everyone to have ideas about what a great product looks like, and be prepared to talk about them with others.
On any given day, engineers might participate in reviewing the design of a new feature from our product designers; write a technical design document to explore the feasibility of a new feature; write APIs or client-side code; or help deploy the MVP of a new feature to our production website.
We believe in jumping in with both feet. New engineers write code on their first day, and usually ship a new feature by the end of their first week.
What we’re looking for in an Android engineer:
We are looking for someone with a keen appetite for problem solving and working collaboratively. You should be able to learn quickly, work effectively in an interdisciplinary team, and be comfortable using data to gain insights. We love working with people who are passionate about their local communities, and interested in solutions to the problems those communities face.
The Android engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with backend services. You will be working alongside other engineers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- 3 or more years of professional programming experience
- Multiple shipped apps in the Play Store strongly preferred
- Eye for great product and UX design
- You write clean, maintainable code and understand the value of automated tests
- Experience integrating with third party APIs, comfortable working against an internal REST API
- Proven customer-facing application development, troubleshooting, deployment and application performance tuning experience
- Experience working in cross-functional teams to develop consumer Internet apps is a strong plus
What you’ll be working on:
- Work closely with product managers and UX designers to create a rich, delightful Android experience for local businesses
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality and organization
Why work with us:
- Help shape our product and company culture
- Form deep connections with local businesses and receive incentives to shop locally
- Work in a beautiful office in a vibrant San Francisco neighborhood
- Medical, dental, and vision for you and your family
- Flexible vacation and holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Free catered meals / fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Your choice of computer and accessories
What we need from you:
Please complete the application form below.
Townsquared is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. Minorities and LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply.