San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a full-time Administrative Coordinator for our small San Francisco office.
Who we are:
We #LoveLocal businesses! Independent businesses are an irreplaceable asset to our communities, fueling economic growth, creating jobs, and making our neighborhoods better places to be. We are humbled by the enormity of challenges and unanswered questions they face every day. Our vision is to empower local businesses by providing easy access to a community full of answers and resources.
Townsquared is the only online network that allows businesses to connect privately. Members have access to all of the other businesses in the city to ask and answer questions, post events, find partners, and ultimately build thriving businesses.
We are a Series B-funded startup (Sierra Ventures, Intuit, and others) with former small business leaders with experience at Y Combinator, SurveyMonkey, and Microsoft. Our Series A funding in 2014 included August Capital and Floodgate. We are using our energy, creativity, and talent to design and build a product to enable economic change and affect people in a real way. We take chances and everyone owns their work!
We’re looking for a full-time Administrative Coordinator for our small San Francisco office to help the team in a wide variety of ways. The role will have diverse responsibilities and tasks, keeping every day new and exciting.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Office management and general admin support – You’ll be at the center of all things, managing the seamless operations of the Townsquared office on a day-to-day basis with grace, humor, kindness and approachability. You’ll help implement practices that streamline the day-to-day office manager responsibilities.
- People Operations support – People Operations (known elsewhere as Human Resources) is dedicated to creating and supporting a great employee experience. You’ll be providing administrative support for the People Operations function, assisting with recruiting, onboarding, offboarding, and benefits administration. If you’re looking to break into People Operations, this is a role for you, as you’ll be at the ground floor of building an awesome People Operations system.
- Plan company events, activities, and celebrations – At Townsquared, we are proud of our inclusive culture and look to you to be one of our key cultural ambassadors. This encompasses everything from organizing fun company events to team building activities. Tell the Townsquared story through social media. We want our employees to talk about the Townsquared culture, tell their friends and colleagues, and evangelize us as a result. You’ll be working on some fun side projects that will make use of your talent and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or related HR/administrative experience
- Preferred experience of 2 years, ideally in an office manager, operations, administrative, or executive assistant role at a tech company or 15+ person startup
- Proficiency in the Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive) and Microsoft Office
- Strong customer service skills, oral and written communication skills and professionalism
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly, take initiative and work independently as well as in a team-based setting
- Juggle multiple assignments with panache and a cool head
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Bonus: experience in recruiting and other HR functions and basic knowledge of U.S. employment laws
- Startup experience a plus
Why work with us:
- Help shape our product and company culture
- Form deep connections with local businesses
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation and holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Free catered meals / fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks