Community Manager – San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
We #LoveLocal businesses! Independent businesses are an irreplaceable asset to our communities, fueling economic growth, creating jobs, and making our neighborhoods better places to be. We are humbled by the enormity of challenges and unanswered questions they face every day. Our mission is to empower local San Francisco businesses by providing easy access to a community full of answers and resources.
Townsquared is the only online network that allows San Francisco businesses to connect privately. Members have access to all of the other businesses in the city to ask and answer questions, post events, find partners, and ultimately build thriving businesses.
Who we are:
We are a Series B-funded startup (Sierra Ventures, Intuit, and others) with former small business leaders with experience at Y Combinator, SurveyMonkey, and Microsoft. Our Series A funding in 2014 included August Capital and Floodgate. We are using our energy, creativity, and talent to design and build a product to enable economic change and affect people in a real way. We take chances and everyone owns their work!
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a person with a deep passion for community building and helping small businesses succeed. You will be responsible for building and executing on a strategy that turns Townsquared into an online extension of the physical communities in which local businesses operate. As a Community Manager, you’ll be on the frontlines with business owners who rely on Townsquared and in turn will rely on you. A strong sense of empathy and keeping them at the center of your work will be critical.
The Community Management team is responsible for creating and maintaining value for business members on Townsquared by connecting them and facilitating communication. They do this first and foremost by developing relationships with our members. The team utilizes member engagement techniques including events, relationship building, member support, and member education. Also, the community team serves as an input into product planning to ensure we remain member-focused in our priorities. Finally, the team in conjunction with the marketing team provides an avenue for meaningful member stories to be told and distributed through PR.
- Localize the Townsquared platform and content for San Francisco businesses and their needs.
- Proactively build relationships with members and help them build relationships with each other.
- Drive and maintain deep peer-to-peer engagement with members on the platform.
- Create and execute on events that educate and endear businesses to their community and the possibilities of Townsquared for them.
- Manage a budget to grow and support local events and sponsorships.
- Collaborate with Marketing and external parties to identify new. engagement opportunities and ways to innovate how we work at the local level.
- Create and drive the execution of a community “playbook” including. on-the-ground efforts, educational events, and knowledge based webinars and materials.
- Work with product team to incorporate member feedback in the form of both direct observation/stories as well as data-driven insights from the usage of the core product.
Success in this role is measured by:
- Number of meaningful relationships built with Townsquared business members.
- Attendance and engagement of educational events and success of other strategies that welcome new members to Townsquared communities.
- Frequency of engagement from members in your given city or region.
- Number of launched and engaged topics in a launched city.
- Quality of and response time to user support requests.
Skills short list:
- Ability to translate idea to action and execute quickly.
- Strong local network with and related to local businesses.
- Experience managing and hosting high-quality events.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to adapt quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ experience in marketing, community organizing, or a related field.
Why work with us:
- Help shape our product and company culture
- Form deep connections with local businesses
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation and holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Free catered meals / fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Your choice of Apple computer and accessories
What we need from you:
Please complete the application form below.
Townsquared is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. Minorities and LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply.