San Francisco, CA
Local business owners are passionate people who take an enormous risk to pursue a dream. They are an irreplaceable asset to our communities, fueling economic growth, creating jobs and making our cities and towns better places to be. We are humbled by the enormity of challenges and unanswered questions they face every day. Our vision is to empower local businesses by providing easy access to a community full of answers just outside their doors.
Townsquared is the only online network that allows local businesses and independent professionals to connect privately. Members have access to all of the other businesses in their local neighborhood to ask and answer questions, post events, find partners, and ultimately build thriving businesses.
Who we are:
We are a Series B-funded startup (Sierra Ventures, Intuit, and others) with former small business leaders with experience at Y Combinator, SurveyMonkey, and Microsoft. Our Series A funding in 2014 included August Capital and Floodgate. We are using our energy, creativity, and talent to design and build a product to enable economic change and affect people in a real way. We take chances and everyone owns their work!
How we work:
We operate in small teams that work iteratively and collaboratively. Our culture emphasizes openness, experimentation and learning: we build features in short sprints, continuously test hypotheses about our product, and make data-driven decisions. Engineers contribute not just to code but also to the design of our product. We expect everyone to have ideas about what a great product looks like, and be prepared to talk about them with others.
On any given day, engineers might participate in reviewing the design of a new feature from our product designers; write a technical design document to explore the feasibility of a new feature; write APIs or client-side code; or help deploy the MVP of a new feature to our production website.
We believe in jumping in with both feet. New engineers write code on their first day, and usually ship a new feature by the end of their first week.
What we’re looking for in a Data Analyst:
Data is integral to all our decisions we make at Townsquared. We are looking for a Data Analyst to help us understand our users and our market, someone who wants to partner with Product, Design, Engineering and Community to help us make great data-driven decisions.
- Influence product decisions through the product lifecycle – help stakeholders define quantifiable goals at the inception phase, design and help implement data instrumentation and tracking during execution, come up with accurate metrics to track performance and make suggestions post-launch for future iterations or deeper data dives.
- Improve our daily decision making with data – provide teams with ad-hoc analysis, automated reports and dashboards, and self-service reporting tools that accurately reflect the health of their business and help them track their progress towards their goals.
- Proactively surface data insights that shine a light on potential customer experience or business model enhancements.
- Communicate your results to diverse audiences at all levels from executives to engineers.
- Expert SQL skills will enable you to make sense of the data
- At least 2 years experience doing analysis to help better products or communities
- Equally comfortable investigating ad-hoc user behavior and/or cohort data to find actionable insights
- Excellent at data visualization. The data needs to tell a story.
- Trust seeker who is incredibly stubborn around ensuring that the data and analysis is leveraged without any instinctual bias.
- Experience with self service analytics solutions.
Why work with us:
- Help shape our product and company culture
- Form deep connections with local businesses
- Work in a beautiful office in a vibrant San Francisco neighborhood
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation and holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Free catered meals / fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Your choice of computer and accessories
What we need from you:
Please complete the application form. In your cover letter include:
- A statement on why you want to join the Townsquared team and if you have any particular SMB experience that drives you to want to work with special group.
- Two examples of projects that you are especially proud of – they do not have to be flashy! Give examples of particularly challenging work where you found cool solutions. (e.g. I took one million neural sources, with ten million time points each, extracted the signals, and then inferred connectivity between them based on simple H-H modeling, here’s what it looks like).
Townsquared is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. Minorities and LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply.