Full Stack Engineer (All levels)
San Francisco, CA
Local business owners are passionate people who take an enormous risk to pursue a dream. They are an irreplaceable asset to our communities, fueling economic growth, creating jobs and making our cities and towns better places to be. We are humbled by the enormity of challenges and unanswered questions they face every day. Our vision is to empower local businesses by providing easy access to a community full of answers just outside their doors.
Townsquared is the only online network that allows local businesses and independent professionals to connect privately. Members have access to all of the other businesses in their local neighborhood to ask and answer questions, post events, find partners, and ultimately build thriving businesses.
Who we are:
We are a Series B-funded startup (Sierra Ventures, Intuit, and others) with former small business leaders with experience at Y Combinator, SurveyMonkey, and Microsoft. Our Series A funding in 2014 included August Capital and Floodgate. We are using our energy, creativity, and talent to design and build a product to enable economic change and affect people in a real way. We take chances and everyone owns their work!
How we work:
We operate in small teams that work iteratively and collaboratively. Our culture emphasizes openness, experimentation and learning: we build features in short sprints, continuously test hypotheses about our product, and make data-driven decisions. Engineers contribute not just to code but also to the design of our product. We expect everyone to have ideas about what a great product looks like, and be prepared to talk about them with others.
On any given day, engineers might participate in reviewing the design of a new feature from our product designers; write a technical design document to explore the feasibility of a new feature; write APIs or client-side code; or help deploy the MVP of a new feature to our production website.
We believe in jumping in with both feet. New engineers write code on their first day, and usually ship a new feature by the end of their first week.
What we’re looking for in a Full Stack Engineer:
A person with a keen appetite for problem solving and working collaboratively. You should be able to learn quickly, work effectively in an interdisciplinary team, and be comfortable using data to gain insights. We love working with people who are passionate about their local communities, and interested in solutions to the problems those communities face.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience developing production applications.
- Very strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and design patterns.
- Experience in managing the software development life cycle.
- Experience in working on Rails application framework, NodeJS, and MySQL.
- Very strong understanding of micro-services-based architecture.
- Eye for design aesthetic and appreciation of human centered design.
- Values clean and maintainable code with extensive test coverage.
- Experience integrating with third party services.
Why work with us:
- Help shape our product and company culture
- Meet the awesome folks who power local businesses
- Work in a beautiful office in a vibrant San Francisco neighborhood
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation and holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Free catered meals / fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Your choice of computer and accessories
What we need from you:
Please complete the application form below.
Townsquared is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. Minorities and LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply.