iOS Engineer (All levels)
San Francisco, CA
We #LoveLocal businesses! Independent businesses are an irreplaceable asset in our communities, fueling economic growth, creating jobs, and making our neighborhoods better places to be. We are humbled by the enormity of the challenges they face every day. Our mission is to empower local businesses by providing easy access to a community full of answers and resources.
Townsquared is the only online network that allows businesses to connect privately. Members have access to other businesses in the city, to ask and answer questions, post events, find partners, and, ultimately, build thriving businesses.
Who we are:
We are a Series B funded startup (Sierra Ventures, Intuit, August Capital, Floodgate, among others) in the heart of San Francisco, with a diverse team of driven people working at the intersection of cutting-edge design, complex technology, and social good. We offer the opportunity to help build a product that enables economic change and affects people in a real way.
How we work:
We operate in small teams that work iteratively and collaboratively. Our culture emphasizes openness, experimentation and learning: we build features in short sprints, continuously test hypotheses about our product, and make data-driven decisions. Engineers contribute not just to code but also to the design of our product. We expect everyone to have ideas about what a great product looks like, and be prepared to talk about them with others.
On any given day, engineers might participate in reviewing the design of a new feature from our product designers; write a technical design document to explore the feasibility of a new feature; write APIs or client-side code; or help deploy the MVP of a new feature to our production website.
We believe in jumping in with both feet. New engineers write code on their first day, and usually ship a new feature by the end of their first week.
What we’re looking for in an iOS Engineer:
A person with a keen appetite for problem solving and working collaboratively. You should be able to learn quickly, work effectively in an interdisciplinary team, and be comfortable using data to gain insights. We love working with people who are passionate about their local communities, and interested in solutions to the problems those communities face.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, minimum 5 years of dev experience with at least 2 years of iOS dev experience.
- Very strong dev skills in Objective C, iOS SDK, & good general programming and algorithm skills.
- Eye for design aesthetic and appreciation of human centered design.
- Values clean and maintainable code with extensive test coverage.
- Experience integrating with third party APIs, comfortable working against an internal REST API.
- Proven customer-facing application development, troubleshooting, deployment and application performance tuning experience. Ideally have apps in the App Store.
Why work with us:
- Help shape our product and company culture
- Form deep connections with local businesses
- Work in a beautiful office in a vibrant San Francisco neighborhood
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation and holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Free catered meals / fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Your choice of computer and accessories
What we need from you:
Please complete the application form below.
Townsquared is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. Minorities and LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply.