VP of Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Help us revolutionize the way local businesses work as the VP of Marketing.
What we’re looking for:
- A leader who is comfortable operating across all Marketing Channels, Branding and PR, but whose true expertise resides in Digital and Performance Marketing.
- A strategic thinker who also possesses a strong appetite for detail and is not afraid to get very tactical to drive effective execution.
- A strong people manager who has a passion to hire, grow, and develop great marketing talent.
- An intellectually curious leader who possesses a deep commitment to driving constant levels of marketing innovation.
- A highly collaborative leader who is committed to building strong working relationships with cross-functional business partners, and operates with a “team first” mindset at all times.
- Be a role model for leadership: take an active part in mentoring and developing people and exhibiting strong proficiency in collaboration, building teams, and driving strong performance in a high-trust environment.
- Serve as an integral member of the executive management team, assisting in the development and implementation of strategic direction.
- Partner with the executive team to analyze industry trends and competitive landscape to help develop, refine, and implement a holistic corporate brand, employer brand, and go-to-market strategy.
Marketing Strategy Leadership
- Establish a deep understanding of market and customer trends and cascade this learning across the Townsquared organization.
- Oversee the development and ongoing evolution of Townsquared Marketing strategy, including:
- Overall Channel Mix Strategy
- Digital & Growth Channel Strategy, including Direct Mail
- Brand & Public Relations Strategy
- Community & Events Marketing Strategy (Proactive and Reactive)
- Establish overall and channel specific marketing metric benchmarks and targets
- Oversee the development of detailed operating plans that are designed to translate the Marketing Strategy (overall and channel specific) into actionable go-to-market plans, and establish robust measurement methodologies to ensure effective channel optimization at all times.
- Manage Brand Strategy efforts, and ensure 100% Brand alignment across the end-to-end Townsquared experience at all times.
- Scale a high performing Marketing Organization to ensure that we can deliver on all strategic and operational objectives.
- Ensure that all necessary Marketing Solutions and Infrastructure are in place at all times.
- Partner with Analytics Team to develop Marketing Dashboards that are designed to help manage the Marketing Function like a business.
- Partner with Product team to optimize the Landing Experience and Sign-Up flow.
- Instill a team-wide agile, data-driven operating mindset that is grounded in constant test/learn/iterate cycles and is constantly shifting resources to channels delivering the best results (a “trading floor” mindset).
- Stay ahead of the curve as it relates to understanding and exploring emerging marketing channels and solutions.
- 10+ years of experience in a high growth, technology-centric company. (Experience marketing to very small businesses a plus.)
- Track record of delivering sustained levels of marketing innovation by identifying, prioritizing, and driving execution of new profitable growth opportunities.
- Marketing Channel experience
- Experience managing legacy digital marketing channels (i.e. Google SEM and SEO) and emerging marketing channels (i.e. Paid Social).
- Experience managing Email and Offline Direct Mail Marketing Operations.
- Some experience managing or working closely with Brand Marketing and Public Relations functions (but deep hands-on experience not required).
- Experience deploying and managing Marketing Automation & Analytics Solutions and Infrastructure.
- Experience building and scaling a high-performing team (even if team size was relatively small).
Why work with us:
- Help shape our product and company culture
- Form deep connections with local businesses
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation and holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Free catered meals / fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Your choice of Apple computer and accessories
What we need from you:
Please complete the application form below.
Townsquared is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. Minorities and LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply.