VP of Marketing or Director of Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Help us revolutionize the way local businesses work as the VP or Director of Marketing.
We #LoveLocal businesses! Independent businesses are an irreplaceable asset to our communities, fueling economic growth, creating jobs, and making our neighborhoods better places to be. We are humbled by the enormity of challenges and unanswered questions they face every day. Our vision is to empower local businesses by providing easy access to a community full of answers and resources.
Townsquared is the only online network that allows businesses to connect privately. Members have access to all of the other businesses in the city to ask and answer questions, post events, find partners, and ultimately build thriving businesses.
Who we are:
We are a Series B funded startup (Sierra Ventures, Intuit, and others) with former small business leaders who have worked at Trulia, Twitter and SurveyMonkey. We are using our energy, creativity, and talent to design and build a product to enable economic change and affect people in a real way. We take chances and everyone owns their work!
- Partner with the executive team to analyze industry trends, competitive landscape and feedback to develop, refine and implement a holistic corporate brand, employer brand, and go-to-market strategy
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership and execution to the marketing function to increase effectiveness as measured by awareness and customer engagement
- In collaboration with Product, City, and Growth teams, use data and customer, and field research to identify, test, and prioritize marketing and product opportunities
- Develop testing models and performance metrics that assess the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs
- Define and test optimization hypotheses based on a strong understanding of customer behavior, analytics, marketing, user experience, and marketplace dynamics
- Provide the team with strategic perspective about the market and customer trends
- Drive cohesive brand messaging to ensure consistent, succinct, and compelling positioning
- Develop marketing programs and leverage product launches to drive awareness
- Work with PR to identify, develop, and execute communications strategy for key media contacts
- Build a flexible, adaptable organization that can move quickly and capitalize on media and press-related opportunities
- Prepare talking points, speeches, presentations, and other supporting material as needed
- Provide reactive community support
- Be a role model for leadership: take an active part in mentoring and developing people and exhibit strong proficiency in collaboration, building teams, and driving strong performance in a high-trust environment
- Serve as an integral member of the executive management team, assisting in the development and implementation of strategic direction
Why work with us:
- Help shape our product and company culture
- Form deep connections with local businesses
- Medical, dental, and vision for you and your family
- Flexible vacation and holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Your choice of Apple computer and accessories
What we need from you:
Please complete the application form below.
Townsquared is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. Minorities and LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply.