By fostering relationships within the local economy and bringing local businesses and community organizations together, Portland Made is working to build a robust urban manufacturing economy. Portland Made holds to the belief that a highly diversified economy is more resilient and more invested in local communities over time. The collective works to make that resilient economy a reality by representing companies that generally have under 200 employees and a strong commitment to growing locally.
With 50+ member makers and artisanal manufacturers serving both businesses and consumers, Portland Made helps the whole local economy thrive through a network of connections that are located in close proximity to each other.
Beyond manufacturing members, Portland Made is also a collective of over 500 subscribers from around the metropolitan area that generate tens of thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in economic activity for the Portland local economy.
The Portland Made collective works to:
- Connect members with more local, national, and international markets through our work with the Urban Manufacturing Alliance and other partners
- Connect members with local professional and manufacturing resources
- Help members find affordable real estate
- Promote members with local and national media
- Advocate for Makers with politicians at all levels of government